This weekend is full of celebrations for us. Yesterday was our 5th Anniversary, we're celebrating my hubby's new job, of course Father's Day and then my BIL's birthday today. Sunday, we're going to lunch with my dad, my hubby's dad, and my hubby's brother (2 kids and 1 on the way). My hubby said we're celebrating 4 fathers. Absolutely Honey! I'm so thankful for him. He's the best husband and will be the best Daddy to our kids. :)
Last night we ate at Bahama Breeze and then came home to watch a movie. Before the movie, we played cards together. lol So romantic, I know. But we had fun together. The night reminded me of our dates prior to getting married.
We talked a lot yesterday about the past five years. I asked if he thought this is where we'd be after 5 years and we both agreed that we are pretty much where we thought'd we'd be. We have a house, good jobs, and are hoping to start a family. Of course, we never imagined we'd have had a miscarriage, but no one expects that. My hubby said that he expects that by our 10th we'll have at least 2 but maybe a third on the way. LOL we'll see about that. Let's take it one baby at a time :)
So totally unrelated....At Easter, my mom gave me a recipe book full of my Great Grandma's recipes and a little section of history. It was wonderful! Well my parents are coming to visit this weekend and my mom's bringing another recipe book she made of my Grandma's recipes (dad's mom). Whenever I talk to my Grandma on the phone, we always talk about food and share recipes. So this is really special to me. I can't wait to see the recipes! It's funny because they're just recipes, but for me it's more than that.
Hope you all have a great weekend!!
The Grind
2 years ago



3 comments:
Yay. How fun to have so much to celebrate :). Happy Anniversary!
Happy anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful weekend celebrating. :)
Sounds like an amazing weekend.
Post a Comment