BFN.
We were so sure that this was our month. I was afraid of a bfn but I really didn't think it would happen.
I'm not sure why I'm SO discouraged by this. It was only our first try after the miscarriage. But I really just thought that this was our month. I'm finally ovulating, which was the problem before. So I kind of hoped that I'd be one of those people that could get pregnant on my first try after a miscarriage. But that's not the case.
It's also really hard because what would have been Matthew's due date is Sept 17. I prayed SO hard that I'd be pregnant by then. I know that day is going to be hard but knowing that I was pregnant again would make it at least a little easier.
After we were given the go ahead to start trying again, we were told we could start on meds or try it naturally for awhile. This month we tried naturally. I wanted to say my body could do it on it's own. And maybe it still can but how much longer is it going to take? My cycles aren't the 28 day cycles. They're kinda long. So each cycle that fails takes that much more time away.
I called my RE today about getting a plan started for going forward. I think he told me before that I'd be going on Femara and maybe a shot (not sure which one) to start with. I'm waiting for his nurse to call back so we'll see what they say about going forward.
I know it's AF's emotions and I'll be fine either later today or in the next day or so. I'm just really disappointed right now. It's so great to have a hubby and Twitter/blog friends who understand and let me mope for a bit. I'm glad no one was at work when I got in because I definitely had a cry fest for a minute. Hopefully this day goes by fast.
The Grind
2 years ago

8 comments:
I am so so sorry about your BFN
I'm so sorry, E. I honestly thought that this would be your month. Please let me know if you want to meet up on the 17th and go out to dinner--if you need something to help you take your mind off of everything.
Thinking of you. xo
I know exactly how you feel...it is so so hard. You pray and pray that this will be the month and then getting your period makes you feel like you are miscarrying all over again! It's so hard...but keep your head up. It WILL happen for you!
Hugs, I know how you feel.
I know you're disappointed. But how cool would it be if you got pregnant THIS month which could actually be on Matthew's due date. What a story!
I was so update that I was pregnant by Mother's Day this year. It was my second Mother's Day without my Mom and my first as an infertile....
But two days after Mother's Day, I found out that I was pregnant and had already experienced my first "Mother's Day" without even knowing it. ;)
I'm wishing you so much luck this month, and I really loved Femara and Ovidrel. I always had more than one follicle - between 2-4 each month, always perfect size, etc. Did 4 rounds, took a break and ovulated perfectly. Next month, I was late... and pregnant. ;)
Saying so many prayers!
Sorry about your BFN
I'm so sorry :( I'm right there with you sadly....huge hugs.
Oh my friend, I am so incredibly sorry =*(
Post a Comment